Want to learn more about the rollout?
Broadband service providers
NBI is a wholesale provider so we do not directly sell broadband to end users. We offer broadband service providers access to our high-speed fibre broadband network so they can provide broadband to customers like you. This helps create competition in the market which, in turn, stimulates a better range, quality and competitiveness of service.
The following broadband providers are currently setup and certified to sell NBI™ network services.
More providers will be listed here as we continue to roll out the new NBI network across Ireland.
What are fibre broadband’s key uses and benefits?
- Enables remote working meaning reduced commuting times and higher productivity
- Connected homes with capability for multiple efficiency devices such as energy management systems, digital security monitoring and online e-health interactions
- Reduced cost packages that bundle mobile, broadband, television and home phone
- Improved in-home entertainment including media streaming
- Access to online educational tools and courses
- Reduced paperwork and application times for passport and motor-tax renewal, grant applications and e-government facilities
- Enabling growth in the SME sector through digital transformation giving improved access to international markets and digital commerce
- Boosting tourism with international marketing for reliable online bookings/payments and provision of quality high speed Wi-Fi access for customers
Just how fast is fibre broadband?
The NBI network is being delivered over the very latest fibre broadband technology, meaning every line is future proofed to deliver up to 10Gb speeds directly into your home or business. With initial speeds of 1Gb and with a minimum speed of 500Mb, our network will be ready to grow as your data needs do.
Do I really need fibre broadband?
If you’re living in a shared house or have a family, you will certainly have more than one device to connect to the internet at the same time. Many households will have smartphones, TV services, smart speakers and computers all under one roof using the internet. The combined effect of this in homes and businesses around the country means that speeds can slow down. The NBI network is designed to exceed the growing demands of a digital society, ensuring that customers always have a fast and reliable broadband service into the future.
How does fibre broadband work?
NBI fibre broadband uses a network of fibre optic cables to deliver high-speed data over long distances, the length and breadth of Ireland. This data travels down the cables at the speed of light, right into your home or business.
Unlike standard broadband, which relies on older copper based network technologies, the NBI fibre broadband network consists of a full fibre solution that supplies right to your door.
Be first to hear about high-speed fibre broadband in your area.
Search availability in your area now.